About the position:
We’re looking for a Marketing Director to take the reins for the overall strategy and success of KraveBeauty’s marketing and communications program directing all aspects of internal and external digital marketing; brand messaging; content marketing; media relations; event management; and overall brand management. You’ll be overseeing the entire Marketing and Creative department and reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Founder/CEO to translate the company’s vision and mission into all consumer-facing channels.
A successful Marketing Director at KraveBeauty is:
- A marketer who knows how to craft a voice and build an audience for KraveBeauty
- A marketer who knows how to propel KraveBeauty’s organic growth and strategically expand the customer base without relying on new product launches
- A coaching leader who seeks and values the team’s input and knows how to nurture, coach, and develop the team members
- A fast and agile marketer that encourage the team to experiment and execute their ideas
A little list of things that motivates us to do our job at KB:
- We are interested in doing well by doing good
- We want to slow down the fast-beauty industry
- We want to make sure the space is as inclusive as possible by normalizing normals
- The beauty industry has operated on maximizing profits at the expense of excluding people and harming the environment. Clean beauty, non-toxic beauty, euro-centric beauty standards, 20 step skincare routine, etc—all have a common theme to sell more products. We’re interested in reinventing how we do capitalism moving forward
- We don’t want to grow by creating unnecessary demands. We believe it’s more on-brand for us to sell 1 product to 10 people rather than selling 10 products to 1 person.
- Brand Management: day-to-day stewardship of the brand across all marketing channels and touchpoints, in partnership with the CEO & GM. The Brand Marketing Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams - from Product Development, Community Management, Digital Marketing to Creative department to aggregate insights and develop 360-strategies to increase brand awareness.
- Customer insight analysis: Drive marketing effort by leveraging data from customer & community’s feedback
- Trends: Build and maintain an understanding of industry trends to make informed recommendations about brand and communications strategy.
- Content marketing & Social Media Marketing: oversee content, planning, social media strategy and growth of organic social media channels including TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest
- Partnerships & Collaborations: develop on-brand marketing partnerships & collaborations, both ongoing and project based, as well as vet inbound partnership, sponsorship, and collaboration opportunities.
- Influencer Partnership Strategy: develop on-brand influencer partnership strategy that’s aligned with the brand values and rollout plans for building and fostering a community around the brand to generate word-of-mouth buzz and grassroots awareness.
- Public Relations: work with PR agency to manage all press and media relationships. Develop media kits and write press releases; secure brand-enhancing coverage; and product seeding -- with the goal of increasing brand awareness and PR value.
- Events & Activations: end-to-end management of brand events, activations, and sponsorships to increase brand awareness, foster community and support business goals - including in-store and remote.
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing, preferably in the D2C consumer brand
- Minimum 4 years of leadership experience with a successful track record leading and growing a marketing team
- Experience in global marketing is a plus
- Strong understanding and experience in the digitally-native consumer brand sector
- Strong leadership skills, entrepreneurial attitude, and can-do mentality
- Demonstrated ability to lead and thrive in a fast-moving yet collaborative environment
- Proven track record of working in a metrics-driven environment
We welcome all. We actively seek to bring diverse voices and perspectives to make our team stronger , which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: Black + Indigenous + People of Color, LGBTQIA+ community members, to name a few. We strive to make the industry more human — for our people and the planet & to do so by having integrity, leading with intention, being human and including everyone.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of KraveBeauty not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.