A little about us:
Hey! If we haven’t met, we’re KraveBeauty. We are a fast-growing D2C skincare brand operating out of both offices from NYC and Seoul. We’re a brand created by beauty influencer Liah Yoo and a team of people who are interested in making the industry more human—for our people and the planet. We aspire to be a skincare company that dares to care beyond skincare. And we are here to #PressReset on the industry norms.
About this position:
As the Product Development & Operations Intern of KraveBeauty, you will be adding value by supporting the department’s needs. You will assist in the development, implementation, and execution of operational processes that align with the company’s direction and departmental goals for Product and Operations. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the company’s overarching operations that directly affect bottom-line business outcomes critical in supporting the sustainable growth of the company.
- Terms of employment: Contract starting ASAP to 08/30/2021
- Hours of commitment: 30-40 hrs/week
- Hourly rate: negotiable
- Location: Remote, but required to work EST working hours
Your role at KraveBeauty
- Assist the Product Development and Operations departments in accomplishing the administrative tasks and responsibilities required of these departments.
- Assist on the creative development of new product ideas through competitive market research, and evaluation for existing products. Report findings to make recommendations for new products and improvement for existing portfolios.
- Assist in project managing development timeline, working with multiple contract manufacturers and vendors to track project status and ensure timely delivery for each step during the development process
- Keep track of formula submissions and packaging prototypes, user experience, technical specs, etc. and provide feedback to the team for direction
- Assist in conducting product testing with labs and keep track on progress and results, including formula stability & safety testing, and technical testing for certifications
- Support our sustainability initiative by working with vendors & staying up-to-date on green
What we crave from you:
Personal traits (does this sound like you?)
- People describe you as logical, pragmatic and a good problem solver
- You’re a highly organized project manager, keeping every party accountable for their responsibilities and deadline
- You have the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple processes at the same time
- You’re collaborative, you go into a project with a teamwork mindset and are open to new ideas and welcome constructive feedback from others
- You have a growth mindset and are always exploring new ways to grow bigger and better
- You understand the mission of KraveBeauty deeply and have a desire to build something that matters
- You personally believe in doing well by doing good
Technical but important stuff
- Proficient in project management tools such as Trello and Monday.com
- Project Scheduling
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
- Exceptional Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Prior work experience preferred
- A good knowledge of the skincare/beauty industry appreciated
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of KraveBeauty not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.