Social Media Marketing Assistant (New York, NY)
As KraveBeauty’s Social Media Marketing Assistant, you will act as a key player in the day-to-day communication and representation of the brand via our social networks. You will be responsible for curating content and relationships in a value-driven manner that fosters a genuine community and honest conversation. As a brand that values doing things intentionally, with high integrity and human-ness, you are thoughtful, thorough, genuine and not afraid to have a little fun. Overall, you care deeply about building a meaningful brand, and you are about helping people uncomplicate their skincare routine.
Your role at KraveBeauty:
[Social Media Marketing & Content Creation]
- Contribute to the development of value-driven content for brand’s social media channels by pitching content ideas, creating content, writing social copy, sourcing images, etc.
- Manage assets (i.e. UGC, influencer content, customer reviews, and community feedback) for usage on brand’s social media channels.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator in scheduling and posting content on individual platforms.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator in researching for, writing, image sourcing and scheduling blog posts and brand’s educational content.
- Monitor current events and on-brand trends for opportunities to incorporate into brand’s content in a timely and relevant manner.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to identify and conduct press and influencer outreach for strategic gifting, partnerships, brand awareness, and community building.
- Procure content from influencers and brand’s community for social usage.
- Manage and archive tagged content from influencers and brand’s community for social usage and to gage gifting efforts.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator in further developing gifting initiatives and interaction experience.
[Industry Research & Analytics]
- Conduct research on industry trends and best practices to provide strategic recommendations to improve brand’s social presence and experience.
- Evaluate brand’s social media content and efforts to analyze against key performance indicators, and conduct regular competitor analyses.
- Supporting Marketing Team on additional projects and campaigns on a need basis
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorms when applicable
- Assist Community Management team on a need basis by engaging with KraveBeauty’s community and customers to foster brand affinity; flagging customer service inquiries to the team, and brainstorming ways to deepen community relationships.
What we crave from you:
- You love beauty, skincare, and self-care.
- You are super social media-savvy, and always in the know.
- You are a storyteller with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a flair for the facts.
- You are witty, creative yet analytical, and have a sense of humor.
- You are proactive, a go-getter, cultured, and empathetic.
- You are organized and able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- You have a collaborative spirit, but are also able to work independently
- You have a curiosity and excitement for what’s happening in the world, and stay in-tune with trends in beauty, pop culture, and relevant industries.
- You are familiar with social media management and analytics tools.
- You are familiar with Google Analytics, social media metrics, sentiment analysis and/or measuring content performance.
Technical, but important stuff:
- Prior experience working on and managing a brand’s social media platforms.
- Senior year college students and recent graduates in marketing, communications, english, business, or related fields are preferred.
- Minimum 20-24 hours per week commitment
- Available to come into the NYC office 2-3x a week
- Ideally, available to continue through the summer
- Part-time with a 3-month commitment
- Willing to consider freelance applicants
A little about us:
KraveBeauty is a skincare company that was founded by beauty influencer, Liah Yoo, to #PressReset on the conventional skincare routine that has trained you to apply more than what your skin actually needs.
It’s simple. We give it to you straight so you can keep your skin in top-notch shape. And we create skincare products that work with your skin, not against it.