Sustainability Summer Internship - Education (New York, NY)
A little about us:
Hey! If we haven’t met, we’re KraveBeauty. We are a fast-growing D2C skincare brand operating out of both offices from NYC and Seoul. We’re a brand created by beauty influencer Liah Yoo and a team of people who’s “been there, done that”. Everyone in the team had their moment of wanting to pull their hair out because skincare became so complicated--until they pressed reset. We dream big. We’re here to #PressReset on the conventions of skincare, and now in sustainability in the CPG industry.
What we’re trying to do here:
We are currently seeking to measure, evaluate and lower its carbon footprint across from its supply chain to all aspects of business and bring correct awareness to a more holistic picture of sustainability to our customers which is why we need YOU.
We are not perfect. We learned a lot from two years of operating our business and acknowledge the fact that every aspect of our business operation — from using an internet server, transportation, renting an office space, manufacturing, sourcing, distributing our products — does leave a huge carbon footprint and our aim is to minimize it. Importantly, sustainability is not just a word we throw around or use as a marketing tactic. We mean it when we say it, and we need someone equally as fired up to create a positive impact in an industry which generates more than 120 billion units of packaging each year globally.
That said, moving forward KraveBeauty will put sustainability at the core, if not, the highest priority of every business activity from practicing intentional production to advocating conscious consumption to the customers.
About this Position
As KraveBeauty’s Sustainability Intern in Education, you’ll play a critical role in helping to share our sustainability approach to our community and the general public and serving as a connective tissue between teams to help establish KraveBeauty’s Sustainability vision. You care about resetting one’s perspective in Sustainability (but don’t we all? There’s so much more to it beyond the packaging material.) and you want to use your gifting to create a positive impact. You not only have a strong and in-depth knowledge in Sustainability, but also bring expertise in marketing and content development. You will be working closely with the Marketing team during your internship.
Summer Internship with an hourly pay. Need to be able to commute to our NYC office located in midtown Manhattan.
Sustainability Content Development
- Provide strategic input on sustainability communications approach on an ongoing basis, serving as a Sustainability subject matter expert.
- Working in partnership with marketing to outline overall schedule and recommend overall topics, cadence, etc. for sustainability storytelling (including philanthropy)
- Work with KraveBeauty marketing team to execute associated marketing initiatives and campaigns that leverage sustainability initiatives
- Proactively suggesting and reviewing Sustainability content for social media, advertising and other channels.
- Validate the accuracy and relevancy of KraveBeauty's sustainability content. Proposing or reviewing all sustainability related copy and creative
- Conduct issue-specific research; preparing analysis for any projects related to the Sustainability Initiative
- Stay abreast of emerging Sustainability trends and best practices and share relevant information with applicable internal stakeholders in an accessible and compelling fashion.
- Perform benchmarking on specific topics, issue areas, or trends, as needed.
- In partnership with key internal stakeholders, create dynamic, exciting content for program campaigns, internal communications, presentations and case studies
What we crave from you:
A passion for social impact and a heart to educate people to create a positive change from their behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, management, sustainability required; masters’ degree preferred
- Expert knowledge in sustainability, material life cycle, corporate philanthropy, and environmental conservation
- ANY relevant professional experience (sustainability marketing, communications, content dev, etc.) strongly preferred
- Understanding of the sustainability landscape in the beauty industry
- Ability to storytell, understand the audience’s perspective in digesting complex information
- Ability to connect business strategy to communications outcomes
- Experience with sustainability reporting efforts